Anyone 12 years of age or older can volunteer to help us with daily chores. There is no long-term commitment or time requirement. We are looking for volunteers who are dedicated and reliable.
- Clean cages, floors, walls, ceilings and kennels
- Do laundry and dishes
- Organize and store donations
- Feed and water animals
- Perform handy-man tasks on equipment and facilities
- Do grounds maintenance – Lawn, shrub and flower care
Volunteers older than 18 can be trained for:
- Dog handling and training
- Public relations events
- Office management
Rules For Our Volunteers
Town & Country Humane Society is a private, non-profit, all-volunteer organization. We accept a limited number of new volunteers when we are open due to a limitation of our training staff. Unless an organization has sent you to us and you will be getting credit for your hours,
- volunteers under the age of 18 must have a parental waiver signed
- volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- volunteers under the age of 14 are requested to limit themselves to two-hour shifts.
We cannot accept volunteers under the age of 12.